WITH HOMEMADE CROUTONS & BLACK MOUNTAIN FOODS SALAD DRESSING
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 10 slices streaky bacon
- 3 large romaine lettuce hearts*, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 cups cocktail tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups croutons
1) To toast almonds: Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Spread almonds into an even layer on a small baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until just lightly golden brown, about 6 – 10 minutes, tossing once halfway through toasting. Remove from oven, set aside to cool.
2) To cook bacon: Increase oven temperature to 220 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place bacon strips on baking sheet in a single layer. Bake in preheated oven until browned and nearly crisp (they’ll should crisp up fully once cooled), about 13 – 18 minutes (time will vary based on thickness of bacon).
3) Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and let cool. Once cool chop bacon into small pieces.
4) To prepare salad: Rinse lettuce under cold water and run though a salad spinner in batches to dry well. Add lettuce to a large serving bowl.
5) Add in almonds, bacon, tomatoes, Swiss cheese, and parmesan cheese. Pour Black Mountain Foods Salad dressing over salad, toss salad then add croutons and toss again. Serve immediately.